Tuesday 15 November 2011

Activity 24.2

Which approach could you take in your role?


Firstly I would make sure all elements are in line with the relevant guidelines. Once I though I had go the package as good as I could I would ask someone with Dyslexia to test it for me. In an ideal world it would be nice to have a number of users, but sadly they are quite hard to find (or encourage to help). In reality I would ask my wife to take a look as she has similar technical knowledge to me but also has severe dyslexia. Best of both worlds. Lectora has an inbuilt checker so I think I would rely on this. I might even give screen readers a go, although we don't have any visually impaired users.

Are there any other approaches that you are familiar with?



No

Which approaches could you ask someone else in your organisation to do?



Follow guidelines

Which approaches would be appropriate for a large virtual learning environment (VLE) such as the one used for this module?



Set up a group of disabled users lead by an "expert"



No comments:

Post a Comment