Step 1 (Selecting a representative page sample)
- Should include the first page users will visit.
- Pages with tables.
- Pages with diagrams etc.
- Pages that perform functional scripts.
Step 2 (Examine pages using graphical browsers)
- Turn off images and observe if ALT text is present.
- Turn off sound and see if audio content is available through text equivalents.
- Use browser controls to see if text responds to changes, is it still usable at large size?
- Change the display to grey scale and check the colour contrast is adequate.
- Navigate around the content without using a mouse.
- Use Home Page Reader (voice browser) or a text browser (Lynx) and answer the following
- Is the site at an equivalent level to the GUI version?
- Is it in a meaningful order?
- Use at least 2 tools to analyse a selection f pages.
- Be cautious with the results, they should also be checked manually.
- Problems and positive aspects of the site.
- Indicate how you went about testing.
- Recommend follow-up steps, ie full conformance evaluation.